K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Software
The multi-state Payroll performs all the necessary functions for paying
employees and maintaining federal, state, and local wages and tax information.
The Payroll automatically calculates withholdings, and updates the General
Ledger and Job or Crop Costing when used. The Payroll can be used alone or it
can be integrated with the General Ledger and/or the Job or Crop Costing
systems. Major features include:
- Hours, Piece-work, Commissions, and Tips can be entered, paid, and tracked
separately. Also tracks and accumulates vacation, holiday, and sick time.
- Employee Mileage and other expenses may be entered for reimbursement on the
- Days worked may be entered and tracked.
- Handles hourly, salaried, weekly, bi-weekly, monthly, and bi-monthly
employees all on the same payroll.
- A Type of Work Code table may be used as a Rate table with default hourly
and piece rates for each code. It also may be used for State Disability
Insurance rates per hour or day with rates for employee deductions and the
- An Other ID# with expiration date may be used for Alien worker or drivers license
- A Labor Summary by job, crop, G/L account or work code is available, listing
regular, overtime hours, piece work, and cost.
- The tax tables may be entered or changed by the user. Usually, tables are updated via internet download.
- Fifteen special adjustments may be utilized for insurance deductions,
employee benefits, travel allowances, union dues, SDI deductions,
401K plans, cafeteria plans, advance repayment, etc.
- The adjustments are individually configurable by the user to be deductions,
allowances, or benefits. Each adjustment may be separately named, taxable or
non- taxable, used as amounts, or used as a percentage of gross pay, another
adjustment or hours worked. They may also be tied to the Disability rates in
the Work Code table.
- Bonus checks or individual checks may be printed at any time.
- A Proof Run option allows printing checks on plain paper for verification
purposes prior to a regular check run.
- All default pay rates and G/L account numbers may be overridden when
entering hours and pieces worked.
- The Payroll data files are automaticlly backed up to disk each time checks
are printed, with options for restoring.
- Checks in the check register may be Voided easily with complete reversals
including G/L accounts.
GREUX Home Page