KISS Point of Sale
K.I.S.S - Keep It Simple Software
POINT OF SALE
The POS module requires the KISS Inventory and Order Entry
modules to be installed. Optionally the Purchase Order module may
be used to handle inventory replenishment. The POS will also
interface with the KISS G/L and A/R if present.
- The KISS Point of sale will handle up to 35 register stations if
networked. Each station is a networked PC with a printer. The POS
will also run on a standalone PC.
- Inventory items sold are entered either using the keyboard or a
barcode scanner that substitutes for the keyboard. Items entered
are displayed as a list on the screen. These may be edited or
canceled before processing the payment. A cash drawer opening
interface may be used.
- Payment options are cash, check, credit card, or other. Coupon
and gift certificate redemption are easily handled. If the KISS
A/R is used, sales may be charged to house accounts, and payments
on account may be processed using the POS.
- The payment amount is requested and the amount of change due is
displayed. These are also printed on the receipt. Receipts are
printed with automatic ticket numbering.
- If the A/R is used, cash sales may be designated for any customer
on file to update his year-to-date sales. The customer's name
will print on the receipt also.
- Refunds (returns), inventory transfers to other stores, and out
of till expenses may be recorded. If the A/R is used layaways can
be processed as charges to a house account.
- Detailed or summarized reports of sales, with cash register
balancing totals, may be run on one or all registers on a daily
or date range basis.
- A sales report broken down by product categories may be run
showing the day's sales, month to date sales, and year to date
sales on one report. Each category and period also shows cost of
sales and profit margin. Also inventory transfers and sales of
gift certificates are split out separately from standard sales.
The current inventory value is also printed.
- The daily transaction detail can be periodicly archived to a
history file for future retrieval by batch and ticket number if
needed. This also provides for running historical sales analysis
reports that are part of the standard Order Entry system.
KISS Home Page